What Do I Need To Know Before & After My Yumi Lash Lift?
YUMILashes Pre-treatment Procedures 1. Eyelash Extensions need to be removed at least 3 days to 1 week prior to appointment
2. For best results do not use waterproof mascara or curl your lashes 5 days prior to your treatment
3. No eye makeup the day of your appointment. For example, mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner etc.
4. Every client must fill out a waiver before starting treatment
5. Remove any eye makeup with oil free makeup remover the day prior
6. It’s recommended to wash your hair prior to your appointment because you may not for 48 hours after
Post-treatment Procedures 1. No water and mascara on the lashes for 48 hours after the treatment
2. No steam, no heavy exercising that would cause excessive sweating, no hair washing (at home) for 48 hours after etc.
3. No lash Serums, lash extensions, eye creams for 48 hours. 4. Use oil free make up remover wipes to wash your face after the treatment
What Do I Need To Know Before & After Sugaring/Waxing?
Before you Sugar/Wax 1. Hair length: You need some hair growth for the sugar/wax to hold onto; we recommend 1/4 of an inch. That is about 2-3 weeks of growing it out after shaving.
2. Particularly for women, your skin is the most sensitive around the time right before your period (4-7 days before), and sugaring/waxing can be more painful than normal. If you want to avoid more sensitivity, schedule your service outside of this sensitive time period. However you can still get sugared or waxed if you are on your period, as long as you use a tampon.
3. Exfoliation: While the skin on the face is generally exfoliated enough in terms of sugaring/waxing, the body needs a little help. A somewhat gritty body scrub will help rid dead cells around skin pores and hair follicles, providing an easier exit. Shower and lightly exfoliate your entire bikini area the day before your appointment using warm, not hot water. Make sure you are extra clean.
4. Pain prevention: Take an Ibuprofen or Advil 30-45 minutes before your appointment if you are worried about pain. You can also ask for a numbing spray to be used in the delicate bikini area as well.
5. Reduce acidity: Smoking and regular caffeine and alcohol consumption creates a lot of acid in the body’s system. You might benefit from taking something like Tums 20 minutes before your service to reduce acidity and therefore reduce skin’s sensitivity. Don’t drink a lot of caffeine or alcohol. While having a couple glasses of wine or beer before getting waxed sounds like a great idea, stimulants in the system can cause the skin to be extra sensitive to sugaring/waxing. Give yourself a couple of hours after drinking coffee or alcohol before your appointment. Instead, drink a lot of water to hydrate your body and skin.
6. Don’t think sugaring/waxing at home will be easy; it’s difficult to perform hair removal on yourself, and you can really irritate and/or bruise your skin if you don’t know what you’re doing.
7. Regrowth: Because of different hair growth cycles, sometimes after your very first wax, you may grow some stubble after couple of days; it’s not the hair that was just sugared/waxed that is already growing, but another cycle that was still in the skin during the service. While it’s usually only small amount of hair , for smoother results sugar/wax twice before a big event like a wedding or vacation, because after the second visit there is even less regrowth.
*After you Sugar/Wax: In the first 24-48 hours you may experience some sensitivity like redness or irritation in the area that was treated. This is normal, and usually there is less of a reaction the longer you wax or if you got sugared.
Here are some tips to follow during the first 48 hours after sugaring/waxing
• Do not use any exfoliating products, especially ones containing acids, since they might further irritate your skin
• Showers are better than bathes. Use only lukewarm water-not hot
• No saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools or other heated sources
• Do not expose treated area to ultra-violet rays indoor or outdoor. For your own protection always wear sunscreen.
• Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours
• To avoid ingrown hairs don’t wear tight clothes for the next couple of days
• Resist touching freshly sugared/waxed skin, especially on the face, as this may encourage irritation and some breakouts
• Sexual activity should be avoided for at least 24-48 hours
• To avoid ingrown hairs, exfoliate sugared/waxed area (48 hours after treatment) 2-3 times a week to get rid of the dead skin layer, so your hair can grow through the skin; applying ingrown hair solution like PFB vanish will help maintain smooth skin
Avoid for 24 Hours After Sugaring/Waxing • Makeup, if face was sugared/waxed • Deodorant with Aluminum • Salt scrubs or any stimulating body or facial treatments