What Do I Need To Know Before & After My Yumi Lash Lift?
YUMILashes Pre-treatment Procedures 1. Eyelash Extensions need to be removed at least 3 days to 1 week prior to appointment
2. For best results do not use waterproof mascara or curl your lashes 5 days prior to your treatment
3. No eye makeup the day of your appointment. For example, mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner etc.
4. Every client must fill out a waiver before starting treatment
5. Remove any eye makeup with oil free makeup remover the day prior
6. It’s recommended to wash your hair prior to your appointment because you may not for 48 hours after
Post-treatment Procedures 1. No water and mascara on the lashes for 48 hours after the treatment
2. No steam, no heavy exercising that would cause excessive sweating, no hair washing (at home) for 48 hours after etc.
3. No lash Serums, lash extensions, eye creams for 48 hours. 4. Use oil free make up remover wipes to wash your face after the treatment
What Do I Need To Know Before & After Sugaring/Waxing?
Before you Sugar/Wax 1. Hair length: You need some hair growth for the sugar/wax to hold onto; we recommend 1/4 of an inch. That is about 2-3 weeks of growing it out after shaving.
2. Particularly for women, your skin is the most sensitive around the time right before your period (4-7 days before), and sugaring/waxing can be more painful than normal. If you want to avoid more sensitivity, schedule your service outside of this sensitive time period. However, you can still get sugared or waxed if you are on your period, as long as you use a tampon.
3. Exfoliation: While the skin on the face is generally exfoliated enough in terms of sugaring/waxing, the body needs a little help. A somewhat gritty body scrub will help rid dead cells around skin pores and hair follicles, providing an easier exit. Shower and lightly exfoliate your entire bikini area the day before your appointment using warm, not hot water. Make sure you are extra clean.
4. Pain prevention: Take an Ibuprofen or Advil 30-45 minutes before your appointment if you are worried about pain. You can also ask for a numbing spray to be used in the delicate bikini area as well.
5. Reduce acidity: Smoking and regular caffeine and alcohol consumption creates a lot of acid in the body’s system. You might benefit from taking something like Tums 20 minutes before your service to reduce acidity and therefore reduce skin’s sensitivity. Don’t drink a lot of caffeine or alcohol. While having a couple glasses of wine or beer before getting waxed sounds like a great idea, stimulants in the system can cause the skin to be extra sensitive to sugaring/waxing. Give yourself a couple of hours after drinking coffee or alcohol before your appointment. Instead, drink a lot of water to hydrate your body and skin.
6. Don’t think sugaring/waxing at home will be easy; it’s difficult to perform hair removal on yourself, and you can really irritate and/or bruise your skin if you don’t know what you’re doing.
7. Regrowth: Because of different hair growth cycles, sometimes after your very first wax, you may grow some stubble after couple of days; it’s not the hair that was just sugared/waxed that is already growing, but another cycle that was still in the skin during the service. While it’s usually only small amount of hair , for smoother results sugar/wax twice before a big event like a wedding or vacation, because after the second visit there is even less regrowth.
*After you Sugar/Wax: In the first 24-48 hours you may experience some sensitivity like redness or irritation in the area that was treated. This is normal, and usually there is less of a reaction the longer you wax or if you got sugared.
Here are some tips to follow during the first 48 hours after sugaring/waxing
• Do not use any exfoliating products, especially ones containing acids, since they might further irritate your skin
• Showers are better than bathes. Use only lukewarm water-not hot
• No saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools or other heated sources
• Do not expose treated area to ultra-violet rays indoor or outdoor. For your own protection always wear sunscreen.
• Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours
• To avoid ingrown hairs don’t wear tight clothes for the next couple of days
• Resist touching freshly sugared/waxed skin, especially on the face, as this may encourage irritation and some breakouts
• Sexual activity should be avoided for at least 24-48 hours
• To avoid ingrown hairs, exfoliate sugared/waxed area (48 hours after treatment) 2-3 times a week to get rid of the dead skin layer, so your hair can grow through the skin; applying ingrown hair solution like PFB vanish will help maintain smooth skin
Avoid for 24 Hours After Sugaring/Waxing • Makeup, if face was sugared/waxed • Deodorant with Aluminum • Salt scrubs or any stimulating body or facial treatments
What do I need to know before my CRYOSKIN Slimming, Toning & Facial Treatments?
How many treatments are needed?
Results and number of treatments vary depending on individual needs and will be discussed in your consultation.
The number of necessary CRYOSLIMMING treatments will vary but most people need 3-5. Some people may need more treatments depending on the fat density of the area being targeted. Eating a nutritious diet and maintaining an exercise regiment before and afterward will help your results to last forever.
Our recommendation is that you get 5 treatments, and if you maintain a healthy lifestyle, by eating a nutritious diet and exercising regularly, then your results will have the ability to last!
CRYOTONING is terrific for removing cellulite and slowing down the aging process. CryoToning is a 20 minute cold therapy procedure that improves microcirculation and speeds up the metabolism which results in higher collagen production, decreases dimpling and smooths the skin. Treatable areas include: thighs, abdomen/hips, arms, upper back, chest, neck/décolleté, butt, etc. The number of necessary treatments will vary but most people need 3-5.
You may need treatment once every 6 months to maintain. CRYOFACIALS work in a similar way to CryoToning. By cooling the skin on your face, the microcirculation and collagen production is increased. This leads to brighter, smoother skin with a more consistent complexion. CRYOFACIALS use cold temperatures to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin elasticity.
Is the treatment safe?
Yes, the CRYOSKIN 3.0 is made in Italy and offers 18 treatment presets that have been clinically tested for safety and efficacy. There are no suctions, downtime after treatments and the device gives automatic feedback of client's temperature.
What are the benefits?
Clinical studies have shown that this technology naturally destroys fat cells, but as with most techniques, results will vary from one individual to another. The expected effect is usually rapid: part of the fat cells are destroyed during the CRYOSLIMMING session while the others will be eliminated within 2 to 3 weeks. It has also been proven to help with microcirculation and a significant increase in collagen due to the thermal shock that is caused by the hot and cold. In a clinical study of 16 people over 5 CRYOSKIN 3.0 sessions, 100% saw improvement in skin quality, 87.5% saw improvement in body shape, with an average loss of 1,85 inches of body fat, and 19% reduction in subcutaneous fat.
How does it feel?
The CRYOSLIMMING treatment is painless, and some clients say it has a pleasant sensation with the start of the warming sensation gradually into the cold temperatures and massage technique at the end of the session. The CRYOTONING & CRYOFACIAL sessions are also regarded as relaxing with the cooler temperatures followed immediately by hand movements on the treatment area.
Who should not do it/what are the contraindications?
~Severe Reynaud's Syndrome or allergy to cold ~Progressive Diseases (MS, ALS, Parkinson's, Neuropathy) ~Active Cancer ~HIV/AIDS ~Cardiovascular Disease ~Lower Limb Ischemia ~Lymphatic Disorders ~Uncontrolled Diabetes or Diabetes-related complications ~Severe Kidney or Liver Disease ~Pregnancy/Breastfeeding ~Bacterial and viral infections of the skin ~Wound healing disorders ~Circulatory disorders ~Surgery in the past 6 months ~Pacemaker/metal implants ~Active/Severe Eczema, rashes or dermatitis ~Use of topical antibiotics in desired treatment area ~Silicone/other implants/mesh inserts/irremovable body piercings in the desired treatment area ~Incision scar(s) in the desired treatment area (Only for CRYOSLIMMING) ~Open or infected wounds ~Impaired skin sensation ~Known sensitivity or allergy to propylene glycol ~Hernia in or adjacent to desired treatment area ~Active implanted device such as a pacemaker or defibrillator in or adjacent to desired treatment area
**Additionally, for CRYOFACIALS, you cannot have had:
~Botox in the past 30 days ~Fillers in the past 90 days ~PDO threads in the past 90 days
How often can I get CRYOSKIN treatments?
CRYOSLIMMING treatments can be performed once every 14 days, while CRYOTONING & CRYOFACIAL treatments can be performed every 7 days. There is a physiological reason for this: when apoptosis (programmed cell death) occurs and some fat cells die, waste is formed. This will be eliminated by natural routes (blood, lymphatic system, and then urine, which will increase and may appear darker/different in color after your sessions). The body's metabolism must, therefore, be allowed to evacuate this waste without overloading the system.
Can I work out before or after the treatment?
You may workout up to 2 hours before the CRYOSLIMMING & CRYOTONING treatment and anytime before or after the CRYOFACIAL. It may take longer for the body to cool down after working out, so avoiding working out right before a Slimming or Toning session is recommended for optimal temperature control for the treatment sessions. Working out after your Slimming & Toning sessions are encouraged. Anything that stimulates lymphatic drainage is a good choice (working out, moving, walking, swimming, sauna).
How do I prepare before a CRYOSKIN treatment?
For best results, do not eat sugar (including any fruit or carbs) for at least 2 hours before and after the session
If possible, avoid ALL kinds of sugar 4-5 hours before and after the session
This applies to all kinds of sugar (pasta, rice, bread, cereals, fruit, juice, etc.)
The cold weakens and retracts the adipocyte (fat storage cell). Consuming sugar will return immediate energy to these cells, so the apoptosis (programmed cell death) effect will be less efficient and can even be canceled!
Come with clean skin; no oils, lotions, or makeup, please. These products have the potential to interact with the cold and cause unwanted side effects.
How many areas can I have done at one time?
You can only have CRYOSLIMMING treatment done in one area at a time every 14 days as to not overload your lymphatic system. However, you may have one Slimming treatment done in one treatment area and one CRYOTONING or CRYOFACIAL treatment done in a different area of the body but not in the same area. For example, you would not be able to Slim & Tone the abdomens in the same day but could Slim the abdomens and Tone the buttocks in the same day.
What Happens if I Come Back Before the 2 Weeks?
The results may be compromised by the natural cycle of waste disposal and thus increase the risk of clogging the pathways. This does not represent a significant risk but would compromise the results.
Why Can I Only Have 2 Areas Done At One Time?
Again, to not overload the body’s pathways. There is also strong internal cooling of the tissues and the treating of more zones at the same time could cause in extreme cases hypothermia and fatigue.
Can I Do An Area For Longer? We may extend the time when we are working with someone who has a much larger body mass. Pre-programmed treatments were performed on average body surfaces so they are effective across a variety of body types.
Are there any side effects?
There are generally no side effects apart from the amount you urinate to increase slightly over the 3 days following the treatment along with the appearance of your urine in color. In minimal cases there were the following side effects: In some cases, there was localized redness that disappeared after a few hours and in rare cases, there was local pain that did not exceed 2 to 3 hours. There may also be some itching without consequences and often this is due to the reaction of certain cosmetic products used by clients; to avoid the chances of this do not use anything before coming in for treatment. There were some experiences of delayed onset muscle soreness from treatments on the stomach due to unintentionally engaging the abdominals, again disappearing later that same evening. Some people are more sensitive to the cold than others; skin irritation, inflammation, and numbness that varies in duration is possible and, from our experience, resolves within days but can last weeks.
Why do you need the gel?
The gel has been specially designed for the CRYOSKIN machine to retain all its qualities of gliding and protection from -30 ° up to + 60 °
What can I do to enhance the treatment?
Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regimen, as well as drinking plenty of water will enhance your results.
How long do the results last?
Depending on the individual and their lifestyle and diet, the results last several months or several years. It is advisable to obtain 2-3 sessions 6 months after the end of treatment to maintain optimal results.
How quickly will I see results?
The immediate results are generally visible right after the first session and are often very encouraging. However, it should be noted that the best results appear from 14 days to 3 weeks after the start of treatment and extend for several months after the end of treatment.
What is the cancellation/rescheduling policy?
Appointments must be changed or canceled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time or a $50 late cancellation/ late change fee will be applied.